Product Development Engineer - 422S18
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light.
We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us.
As Product Development Engineer you will play a key role in the design and development of optical inspection and metrology systems. You’ll be part of a team within the Engineering department that is focused on the design, development and customization of 2D & 3D dimensional measurement solutions for our customers. A wide variety of disciplines (HW, SW and optics) are combined in this work.
Your concrete challenges will be:
• Analyzing customer requirements and performing feasibility studies on the existing inspection solutions
• Defining the product requirements from both a HW as SW perspective and drive implementation with end-to-end responsibility and project coordination;
o You’ll write functional requirements for the algorithm software and user interface software
o You’ll build test set-ups and prototypes to verify your module/product – firstly in the lab and afterwards on-site at clients;
• Managing the product release thereby guaranteeing a proper hand-over to Manufacturing and participating in the installation process at customers. Troubleshooting and/or training of end-users are part of your responsibilities as well.
• You have a Master of Science with minimum 3 years of experience. Knowledge or experience in the fields of macro optics, image processing and/or project management are considered to be a plus.
• You like to apply your scientific knowledge to develop practical solutions that you can create and implement, in order to solve specific customer problems. In addition you have an hands-on attitude to test and implement prototypes in the lab.
• You are a true team player who likes to work in a multicultural context.
• You have excellent communication skills and can express yourself fluently in English.
• You are flexible and prepared to travel abroad (mostly to South East Asia and USA) for 30% of your time.
• Being part of a dynamic and high-tech company that uses innovation in optics, machine learning, sensors, algorithms, big data and AI to extend the boundaries of process control. As a result we create solutions that drive progress and transform industries;
• The opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have impact on tomorrow’s society;
• Joining a team of passionate colleagues and working in a multicultural environment.