Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most sophisticated inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor front-end, back-end and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, developing tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We enable smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about implementing solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling! Will you answer?
• Responsible for the successful transfer of new opto-mechanical designs from the design center in Leuven to the operations facilities in Asia.
• Be part of the design team to drive new designs for cost, manufacturability, assembly & test cycle time and quality. Validate new releases including Bill of Material integrity, documentation, make/buy decisions, etc.
• Identify, specify, document and implement manufacturing methods, procedures, and test equipment required for assembly and test of new designs. Provide training to the manufacturing engineers at the remote production facilities. This will require daily cooperation with the operations teams in Asia.
• Technical qualification of new suppliers and follow up of technical performance.
• Present operational aspects of new product introductions in the product life cycle reviews with senior management.
• Master’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related fields with experience in manufacturing
• In-depth understanding of optical, mechanical, electrical, and software components involved in the design and development of optical-based, semiconductor inspection equipment or equivalent
• Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, project management and interpersonal skills
• A keen technical mind, an eye for detail, a positive drive and excellent problem solving skills, yet a teammate with leadership skills respecting opinions of others while committing to results and continuous improvement
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to absorb and transfer knowledge to others. Product training experience is a plus.
• Proficient in English (both verbal and written) is a must
• Occasional travel to suppliers and production sites.
Equal Employment Opportunity KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.